Monday, March 15, 2021

The Music Monday 2020 Awards - An Unexpected Twist

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Hey, wouldn't this post normally be titled 'The Music Monday 2020 Awards - Results Announcement?' This show is supposed to be over by now." Normally, you'd be correct, but it seems we've experienced an unprecedented event--ironically fitting for 2020, wouldn't you say?


Let's first go over what we know for certain. Four songs made it to the final round, and they are as follows:

"Cherish" by EXO-CBX

"Attack on Titan" from Attack on Titan

"Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" from A Hat in Time

"In Hushed Whispers" from Dragon Age: Inquisition

We had 11 people who voted in the last round, 6 on here and 5 on Instagram. 1 person voted for "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts," and 2 people chose to give their votes to "In Hushed Whispers." While both songs are undoubtedly good, we see now that these votes had no bearing on the end result.

Here's where things took a twist. What we can't figure out is how "Cherish" and "Attack on Titan" received 4 votes each. Never before in the long and grand history of the Awards, spanning from this point in time all the way to its humble beginnings in 2018, with the '17 Awards. The obvious question here is simply this: how do we proceed?

In previous rounds, we've just used a random decision maker to see which song comes up 2 out of 3 times. But this is the conclusion, the grand finale, the endgame! After some deliberation, it was elected that using such methods this time would cheapen the experience and make the sweet victory a little more sour. That is why we must now do something we never thought we'd have to do. It's time for a tiebreaker, a round 3.5, if you will. It's time for . . .

The ULTIMATE Final Round

"Cherish" by EXO-CBX


versus "Attack on Titan" from Attack on Titan


The gripping climax to the 2020 Awards begins now! You have until Sunday, March 28th to vote, and no later. If you vote for a song that you already voted for in round 3, you are not required to restate your reasoning behind it. However, if you voted for neither one of these before, please give your new thoughts as to why you picked it. And please, try not to make this another tie, or we really will have to use a random decision maker.

We will see this legendary battle through to the very end!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is intense! :O

    I must defend AoT at all costs. "Attack on Titan" has my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Who knew an awards show could get so intense?

      You, sir, are a top-tier AoT fan. I respect your dedication.

      Delete
  2. All right, I'm sorry, EXO, but Attack on Titan will always have my vote. XD *yells something about giving my heart*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally fair. Gotta support your favorite fandoms, am I right? XD "Sasageyo! Sasageyo! Shinzo wo sasageyo!"

      Delete
  3. WHOA. A tie! :O This is a surprising outcome! Goodness, the pressure is on now, isn't it? Both of these songs are fabulous! I also kind of find it hilarious how complete polar opposite they are. It's great. XD

    ALL RIGHT. I just relistened to them each and thought it over and I think I'm gonna have to go with...

    ATTACK ON TITAN

    Though I've yet to watch the show, the piece alone portrays such a BIGNESS to it. I love the drama of it and the wide array of emotions the song pulls you through. It has a sort of end-of-the-world vibe, but a sense of hope, as well--that the heroes will stand against all odds and never give up. It's a really good song and makes me want to watch the show that much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely took me by surprise too, which makes me really curious about how this round is going to go down. They are indeed both very, very good. Haha, exactly! They couldn't be more different from each other. XD

      I love, love, LOVE your explanation of the song. I think that's totally accurate for the moods that the song conveys. Do let me know if/when you start watching it, because I. WANT. TO. KNOW. ALL. YOUR. THOUGHTS. And thanks for voting!

      Delete
  4. I am voting for "Cherish" by EXO-CBX! I love their energy and incredible talent!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting, Mom! (And for expanding on why you picked it. ;P)

      Delete
  5. Just like last time, I'll be picking "Attack on Titan." I will defend it--to the last vote, if that's what it takes!

    ReplyDelete