Monday, March 01, 2021

The Music Monday 2020 Awards - Round 3

Would you look at that? The last matchup of the 2020 Awards has arrived at last, and boy, will it be a doozy!


But before we can begin the last phase of voting, we must first take a look at the results from the previous round. We had 11 people participating this time around, so let's see what they cast their votes for!

January, February, and March: "You Say Run" was said only 2 times. 3 people heard the "Echoes" of what was said. In the end, though, 6 people decided to "Cherish" the moment.

April, May, and June: There were 0 "Trials" in this particular matchup. 4 people were still loving that "Main Theme," but 7 others elected to watch the epic "Attack on Titan."

July, August, and September: 3 people felt the "Magic" in the air, but it was short-lived. 3 more people vacationed in the "Starshine Beach Galaxy," but it cost a lot due to a lack of popularity. However, 5 people enjoyed the thrills of being by blown away by the "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" while bopping their heads like crazy.

October, November, and December: There were a mere 3 people who relaxed while listening to "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai." In yet another twist of fate, 4 people said "Goodbye" while 4 more heard it "In Hushed Whispers." So out comes the random decision maker with the best two out of three, and we get . . . "In Hushed Whispers" as the winner.

It's time for you to make the most difficult decision yet! Gather your courage, for it is now time for . . .

The Final Round

"Cherish" by EXO-CBX


versus "Attack on Titan" from Attack on Titan


versus "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" from A Hat in Time


versus "In Hushed Whispers" from Dragon Age: Inquisition


I leave this up to you, one last time. You have two weeks to deliberate over your final answer, which means that you have until Sunday, March 14th. As has always been with this part of the Awards, I ask that when you vote for your favorite song, you also give your reason as to why you chose it. If that song becomes the ultimate champion, your comments will be featured on the victory post.

The end waits for no one.

11 comments:

  1. Ack, this is so hard! But . . . *sigh* I'll have to go with Attack on Titan again. It's just SUCH a good OST. (But all of these are incredible!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent choice, Nicole. The AoT soundtrack is just way too good. Thank you for participating! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I can't believe we've already made it to the final round! It feels like this year it just FLEW. But it's been a ton of fun! So many great things to relisten to and vote on!

    OKAY. Shock of shocks, this round was actually...pretty easy. I guess I have weird listening tastes, because my top favorites didn't make it to this round. But there is one of these four I LOVE. And that is...

    IN HUSHED WHISPERS

    This one is one of those songs that feels like it's telling a story. There's a danger to it, but also a sadness. I don't know the context of it in the game it's from. But it feels like a last stand. A scene where our heroes are battle-worn and weary, but they're going to keep fighting anyway. I love the haunting feel of it, like you don't quite know what the threat is, and then how the song builds up a little halfway, adding to the tension but without getting too rowdy. Somehow it manages to capture a feeling of eeriness, sadness, and determination all at the same time. Basically: It's just a REALLY good song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Somehow, it always feels like a long time for the Awards to come, and when they do, they go on for a while. Yet at the same time, it all feels short. Pretty weird.

      Haha, I definitely predicted that you'd pick this one. XD I believe when I originally posted it on my blog, I talked about how it's in a scene where, if you make your character a mage, you'll see a future where evil wins and now rules over everything. But I like your take on it too. It's definitely a great one! Thanks for voting. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I just love the song "Cherish" by EXO-CBX.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a good song! Thanks for participating in the Awards this year, Mom. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Well, I don't even have to think about this one. My decision is an easy one to make. I'm voting for . . .

    "Attack on Titan!"

    So, the Attack on Titan OST is definitely one of my top favorite--if not my top favorite--soundtrack. Obviously having the context of the show behind it adds to it, but even listening to it on its own, it's a dang masterpiece. The instrumentation choices, the emotions, the leitmotifs . . . they all come together to create something phenomenal. This particular track is special too. It's basically a theme for the humans attacking (or being destroyed by) the Titans. It encompasses a lot of what the show is and serves as a reminder as to how intense the battle humanity fights is. The vocals are incredible, especially the lyrics sung in German by the female vocalist. The guitars, strings, and drums all build it up into one of the most epic songs ever. Not voting for this would be a crime--in my books, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a mix of songs here in the final round! I have to say, I'm sad that Goodbye didn't make it, as it would've snagged my last vote.

    BUT... Cherish by CBX will take it instead!

    It's such a peppy, summery song. Cotton candy sweet, yet with a heartfelt warmth to the lyrics of the chorus. It makes me happy every time I hear it. Plus, I love the blend of CBX's voices. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always at least one song each year that I'm sad doesn't make it to the final round, or even to the second.

      Not sure if I should be surprised that you picked this one, but at the same time, it's predictable. XD Thanks for voting and giving your reasoning behind your choice!

      Delete
  6. Not gonna lie, I was tossing up between "Attack on Titan" & "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" for a second there...
    However...
    At the end of the day...
    There was really no other choice for me...
    I vote for "Attack on Titan"!

    Oh man... I guess I'm actually gonna have to think of a valid reason why I chose this song other that the simple fact that AoT is just that epic.
    Well, the song really captures the dark, intense, and sometimes scary theme of AoT. I love the complexity of the track but at the same time I also like the way the vocals that repeat themselves get stuck in your head (definitely isn't a bad thing in this case).
    I hoped at least some of you enjoyed reading my fake, I mean, totally honest and in-depth review of the "Attack on Titan" song!
    I definitely did NOT choose this song just because AoT is awesome and you should totally watch it. Watch it tho. Please. Just watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so you're a man of culture as well. XD But I think you made the right call in going with "Attack on Titan."

      Man, your comments are always the best. This is hilariously perfect. XD Thanks for participating, and yes, your review of the song is *chef's kiss.* We do need to recruit more Attack on Titan fans, though, so good on you for plugging it!

      Delete