Monday, March 22, 2021

A Song for Spring /// Music Monday #98

I swear, every time I'm scheduled to do a Music Monday post, I'm like, "Oh, it's that time already!" Don't really know why.


Today's track just so happens to be . . .

"12PM" from Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Composed by Nintendo


Seeing as Saturday was the first day of spring--unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere, in which case it's now autumn--I decided that I should choose an appropriate song for the occasion. And let's be real, what fits that bill better than an Animal Crossing tune?

What's kind of funny about this particular choice is that I tend to just play New Horizons on Saturdays, and I'm often on at 12pm. So not only is this one of the few tracks I actually hear in-game, but it also works perfectly as a spring song. But it's so good! I love the folksy feel of it. The guitar and the percussion (I can't tell if it's someone using some kind of hand drum or if they're just tapping the body of the guitar with their hand for the beat) work really well together to create that quaint feeling that's a staple of the Animal Crossing series. I couldn't tell you what the other instruments (or is it just one?) is, but it adds a nice melody to the track.

What I love about this game is how you can just take it at your own pace. I know there are people who blazed through a lot of it because that's all they played when it came out, or because they used time traveling to speed stuff up. Meanwhile, I'm here and have only set up my campsite for visitors in one of my last play sessions. I've really appreciated just enjoying every moment and not moving things along too quickly. If you have a Switch, this game is a must-buy. While it's not my favorite AC title, it's still super fun and relaxing, and looks so pretty too.

And now that spring is here and it's starting to warm up, it's giving me more incentive to spend some time outside, especially with going on walks. That's always been one of my favorite physical activities for a few reasons. 1: walking consistently is apparently a good way to stay fit and healthy. 2: it gives me some time to listen to music and just think about stuff and spend one-on-one time with God. 3: it's also fun to go on walks with my sisters or friends and just chat about all sorts of stuff. So yeah, I'm looking forward to doing more of that!

So that's that! What'd you think of the song? Do you play New Horizons, and if you don't, what're you going to do to change that? (I kid . . . maybe.) What're some of your favorite outdoor activities?

1 comment:

  1. ANIMAL CROSSING MUSIC!!! :D You can never, ever go wrong with that! And this is perfect timing, because I've recently gotten obsessed with ACNH! We got a Switch for Christmas with it (can't remember if I told you that or not?) and I am loving it SO. MUCH!!! It actually is already my favorite AC title, to be honest. There's just sooo much more to do in it than the others I've played. I *just* unlocked the ability to be able to change the landscape of my island and I may be going crazy with it. *grins*

    ANYWAYS. This is a fun song! It's funny, because I hear this one a lot too! I tend to play on Sundays myself, usually after lunch. So I hear this one and the 1PM song the most. Although, truthfully, I'm not AS wild about the music in this one as the other games. That's like my one and only complaint. Lol I think the City Folk music is my favorite? The music in this one is really fun, but it doesn't quiiite have the same relaxing charm for me that the others have.

    But, other than that, I am LOVING this game so very much! :D

    ReplyDelete