Friday, June 19, 2020

It's Been Over a Year /// The Quote Quota, Part 4

Hey! Remember when I did that thing that was a thing? No, not that thing! The other thing. The thing with the quote things. That thing. Well, the last time I did it was back on March 29th of last year. I figured it was high time to do that thing again . . . so here you are! Enjoy the thing with all the things.


Armin: "And just like that, everything changed. At that terrible moment, in our hearts we knew home was a pen, humanity cattle."
-opening line of Attack on Titan S1

source

Piglet: "Pooh, would you care for some tea with honey?"
Pooh: "Yes, Piglet, but without the tea, if you please."
-"Owl's Well That Ends Well" from The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh


*vehicle switches lanes without signal lights*
Me: "Don't smooch lanes without consent! Use your smelling lights!"
-me being weird with my sisters on our most recent summer hangout


"In my mind
Endless sea
Calling from the bottom
But you don't hear me
Send your line
Down to me
Meet me on the surface
I will never leave
Just one time
All I need
Calling from the bottom
But you don't hear me
Stuck in time
Stuck in me
Broken on the bottom
Like a refugee."
-from "Diving Bell" by Starset


Jay: "*gasps* We're saving a girl?! Is she hot?"
Cole: "Jayyy."
Jay: "I just wanna know what we're getting ourselves into. Does she like blue?"
Kai: "Back off."
-"The Golden Weapon" from Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu


Manfred von Karma: "I set my ATM card's number to '0001' because I'm number one!"
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney


Markiplier: "People were shocked that I looked Asian. People are still shocked to this day that I look Asian. Don't know why that is. Maybe it's because I am."
-from Markiplier's video on a book somebody wrote about him without his permission

source

"A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it."
-Ambrose Bierce (yes, I shared this quote a long time ago on my blog, but I felt it was worth sharing again)


Itachi Uchiha: "So tell me, where should I go? To the left where nothing is right, or to the right where nothing is left . . ."
-"I Will Love You Always" from Naruto


Acquaintance: "I'm going to yeet the cat."
Me: "I want to see you yeet that car, [redacted]."
Me: *realizes my spelling mistake*
Me: "CAT. NOT CAR. Then again, if she's yeeting a car, I definitely want to see that too."
-random conversation on a Discord server I'm on


Arrow: "You have failed this city."
-many times in Arrow: Season 1


Jack Sparrow: "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?"
-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest


Soccer: "I should go see what LegoCritter and her brother Gideon want." *walks over to their table* *in British accent* "Hello, I'm tonight's waiter. What would you like to order?"
Gideon: "Hey, are you British?"
Soccer: "Uh . . . no, I'm just pretending to be."
Gideon: "Oh."
Critter: "Ignore my brother. He's strange sometimes. Right?"
Gideon: "Hmmm? Oh . . . yes, yes . . . yes, indeed."
Soccer: "Okay, right. You wouldn't happen to be Gollum, would you?"
Gideon: "Uh, what is a Gollum?"
Critter: "Sorry, we don't get out much in New Zealand."
Soccer: "Oh, that's where you live? How intriguing. I've always wanted to go there."
Legobirth: *walks by and whacks him with a broom* "Be a waiter, not a conversationalist."
Soccer: "A . . . what?"
Legobirth: "Just do your job."
Soccer: "Right. What would you like to eat?"
Critter: "Hawaiian sounds tasty."
Soccer: "Perfect! Any specifics I should be aware of? You know, customer satisfaction and all that jazz?"
Legobirth: *walking by again* "And pockets lined with lots of cash."
Soccer: "Zip it."
Critter: "Thin crust, please."
Gideon: "Gross! Make it regular."
Critter: "Hey, I'm the older sibling."
Gideon: "That's no excuse!"
Critter: "Let me have my way, brother!"
Gideon: "Nope. My manly will shall prevail!"
*Critter lunges across table and hits Gideon with menu*
Gideon: "That's it!" *fight between the two breaks out*
-from my LMBs story Brickman's Businesses: A Sitcom


Sans: "take care of yourself, kid. 'cause someone really cares about you."
-Undertale


"Grab my hand, I'm drowning
I feel my heart pounding
Why haven't you found me yet?
I hold you so proudly
Traumas, they surround me
I wish you'd just love me back."
-from "Trauma" by NF


Tracey: "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that . . ."
Zoe: ". . . you find someone to carry you."
-"The Message" from Firefly


Max: "You know, hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll, uh . . . you'll go insane."
-Mad Max: Fury Road

Nick Fury: "Thanks for your help, Spider-Man. There's always a place in this operation for a hero like you."
Spider-Man: "Like I have time for that. I have a trigonometry exam tomorrow, my aunt needs me to pick up a dozen eggs, and I'm drowning in angst."
-LEGO Marvel Superheroes


Preston: "I know the Titans don't have reproductive organs, but why can't they just wear clothes?"
-from a conversation between me and Preston after watching some Attack on Titan


Me: *posts chapter about bad guys threatening to destroy Brickman's new business by using a crane with a wrecking ball*
Mr_Gil: "It's a rope. It's a ladder. It's Scary Crane! Coming to wreck a coffee shop near you."
-a comment on my Brickman's Businesses story


"I heard all the bells calling
Our nightmares of Walls falling
You came back and gave your help
But you're lying on the ground
We turn back the tide of hell
And win back our fantasy
We fight for our right to be a free people again
And now we can see people shouting everywhere
So much blood shed I can't bear
I can not erase the words you said to me
But now you're dead
You will stand the endless rain
Wish I could have helped you more
When you died only the day before."
-from "YAMANAIAME" by Hiroyuki Sawano, Mica Caldito, mpi, and Mika Kobayashi


"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. You exist nowhere else but this moment. Breathe. You are here."
-random note from someone in Kind Words


Well, I hope that's enough quotes to satisfy you for a little while! Which was your favorite? Did any of them stand out to you or mean something significant for you? Any that you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. AAAHHHH THEY'RE BACK!!!! :D These are always SO much fun! And I love how you mix funny ones with thought-provoking ones.

    There's so much goodness here! I definitely love the Ambrose Bierce one you shared. I DID need it again. I had forgotten about that one but wow. Powerful words! And I also really, really like that one from Firefly. Makes me want to try the show even more!

    Also that yeet the cat/car one was hilarious. XD

    This was all great! So glad you brought these back!

    ReplyDelete


  2. The whole Gideon and Critter pizza argument reminds me of the interaction I just had with my brother
    Bro: Soft crust!
    Me: Hard crust!
    Bro: Soft crust!
    Me: Hard crust! I'M the cook, so I can do what I like!
    Bro: But you'll make soft crust, because you're a NICE sister *makes Oliver Twist face*
    Me: Are you trying to soften my heart?
    Bro: Oh right, I forgot... you have no heart.

    ReplyDelete