Friday, June 12, 2020

Monthly HapPENings: May

Uh . . . what happened to May? I swear, I can't keep track of this year at all. A month is here and then suddenly gone.


So what interesting happened in my life this last month? Honestly . . . I couldn't tell ya. Most days feel very much the same. I'll run a department at work, come home too tired to go on a walk or be productive, and then just chill or game or watch my shows or something. Nothing too spectacular or interesting.

A couple of things that stuck out were that two of my friends and I went on a socially distanced (still hate that term) walk to get ice cream, which was a lot of fun. Then the following weekend, we went to a nearby city to look at the graffiti and go for burgers and ice cream. That was a lot of fun, and very needed after having no real social interaction for three or four months.

Bookish HapPENings

Is it any surprise at this point that this section is basically empty? It's becoming a bad habit. However, I am getting into my book and reading more lately, so there'll be at least one for June's summary.

HapPENings on the Screen

I rewatched Dead Man's Chest, and it's honestly amazing how detailed the PotC plots can be. You wouldn't think so, since they're so chaotic and explosive and destructive. But characters and their motives are well thought-out, and the storylines can actually be quite complicated. There's a reason this franchise is one of my favorites. And of course, the music is always a joy to hear again.


I'm back to watching S4 of The Flash with my sisters, and I'm enjoying it! Better than S4 of Once, though this season had one very cringy episode. Aside from that, I'm still appreciating it this second time around. It's funny how self-aware they are about some things, like how often they go into the hall at S.T.A.R. Labs to have a motivational chat with someone. I appreciate when writers can poke fun at themselves and point out some of their . . . I dunno, repeated elements? My mind's totally blanking out on the proper word today.


I finished S1 of Arrow, and oh my gosh, what an ending that was. I won't spoil it for ya, but man, it was making me feel all the feels. It felt like a much more realistic superhero story ending. I can't wait to see what happens in the next seasons, and I hope I'll enjoy them as much as I did this one. If they keep getting better, then S8 will be sure to be an epic conclusion.


Y'know how you can sometimes tell a show is building up to something, but that something is just out of reach, even though you feel like you should have an idea of what's going on? That's what S3 of Avatar is currently being for me. I feel like there's a lot going down, and while I know the basics of what's going to happen, there's still elements I'm not sure about. The writers definitely know how to capture the viewer's interest!


OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOSH. S2 has gotten so incredibly intense in such a short time, and I know it's not going to stop yet. I'm just waiting to see who's gonna die first, but I'm also scared to see which character that will be. The villains continue to be both creepy and terrifying, and I wonder what exactly their plan is and how it will unfold. I just need to keep watching, because MHA is just too darn good!

source

I've begun S3 of Attack on Titan, which means it's almost time for me to play the waiting game for the (dubbed) S4. And we're FINALLY getting some answers. Of course, we're not getting all of them. There's still plenty to be discovered, but some knowledge is better than none. And I know the second half of S3 is gonna get CRAZY, so I can hardly wait to see what's all in store for me. (Yes, I'm aware this picture I included is not a S3 poster, but those are spoilery if you haven't gotten that far yet, so I'm saving you all from spoilers.)

Gaming HapPENings

So my Kiwi friends got me playing this game . . . and I'm officially addicted. It was virtually the only game I played for a week or so. It's a battle royale game, set in a medieval world, but with guns and stuff. And then if you lose all your health, you turn into a chicken and have to survive for twenty seconds if you want to become human again, but you only have three of those chickens. The game can be extremely challenging at times, but it's still fun. I've even won a few times, but only with a squad. I never win by myself. Not yet, anyway.

Writerly HapPENings

Welp, I don't have anything to say here--again. Like I said, with my job tiring me out so much, I just don't have the energy to be productive at home. Even though I'd be sitting to write, you still need mental energy for it, which I also lack. Here's to hoping this next month will be different!

How was your month? (Hopefully a lot more interesting than mine.) What've you done to keep busy? Any books/movies/shows/games that you'd recommend?

1 comment:

  1. May definitely slipped by. o.o And June is doing the same! I keep thinking we're at the very beginning of June still, and it hit me today...we're almost halfway through it. Then again, I guess that's better than the slooooow, grueling pace that was March and April. XD

    I'm loving getting your ATLA updates. I've been so anticipating you watching it all. S3 is just...AWK. There are no words. It's just amazing. I can't wait to see your thoughts about the end!

    And I still need to give like...ALL these other shows a try! So many shows, so little time!

    ReplyDelete