Monday, June 29, 2020

Keeping the Beats Hot and Fresh /// Music Monday #79

I don't know about you, but where I live, it's getting super hot outside. Which means we need more summer music. Which means it's time for Music Monday!


For today's funky tunes, we have none other than . . .

"Driving Force: Neon Fog" from Katana Zero
Composed by Bill Kiley and LudoWic


There are many things I love about Katana Zero, from its unique style to creative storytelling. One of my favorite elements was the music, because it just sounds so dang cool! This one in particular has a really retro--maybe even synthwave?--vibe to it. I don't know exactly how to describe, except for that it's extremely dope! As is the rest of the OST.

This is used in a scene where you're driving on a motorbike down on the highway, using your katana to fight armed thugs in other cars or on their own bikes. It was such a cool moment in the game, because it felt really different from the other segments. And c'mon, who wouldn't think that when you're playing as an assassin who's taking out baddies with a sword in a car chase? That's nothing short of epic, honestly.

As for the song itself . . . when I'm listening to it, it brings to mind images of cruising with friends, the evening sun lighting the sky with pinks and oranges. You and your friends are all having a good time, driving with the windows down, the music setting the tone as it's blasted through the speakers. Life just feels good and right.

At least that's how I feel when I think about it that way. The image is, like, super appealing to me. Don't know why. Maybe because enjoying myself with great friends makes me feel like I'm at home. That's one thing that's been really hard about social distancing. Not spending time with friends does affect me a lot, as I'm a very social person. I hope things can go completely back to normal in the near future, because I need my friend time. Been missing it a lot.

. . . Wow, how did I deviate all the way from talking about the music to instead talking about my social life? That's what I love about these Music Monday posts. They give me an opportunity to share new music with you, while at the same time letting me just talk about whatever's on my mind or whatever the song makes me think of. It's fantastic.

What'd you think of our second summery song? Have you played Katana Zero before? You need to at least listen to its soundtrack. Have you missed hanging out with friends?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this! I totally get the idea of fitting certain music to a scene in your head. I picture things like that all the time, hehe.

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could TOTALLY see this as a cruisin' with your friends during a summer sunset sort of song, YES. This was great! It had such an epic vibe to it. I've never played Katana Zero before, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

    And hoo boy, I can sympathize with you about missing friend time. Man, I miss hanging out with people. I just keep having to remind myself that this is only a season. Life WILL return to normal someday. Keep hanging in there! We're gonna make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never heard of this game or its soundtrack before, but I’ve got to give it a listen!!

    ReplyDelete