Friday, March 29, 2019

A Surplus of Things Worth Repeating /// The Quote Quota, Part 3

I had no clue what to post about this week, so I asked my Kiwi buddy, Preston, for some ideas. One of his many amazing (*cough cough*) ideas was to do another quote post. I didn't have any better ideas, which means you're getting another installment of The Quote Quota. If you don't like it, you can blame Preston.

Let us begin!


Maya: "How do you address a Great Witch . . .? 'Hail to thee, oh magnificent magical one!' Or maybe just: 'Wassup, witchy baby?'"
-Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

source

*after voting for tracks in online mode in Mario Kart 7 and seeing what other people are picking*
Me: "A lot of people want Bowser's Castle."
Preston: "A lot of people want Trump. That doesn't make it good."
-conversation between me and Preston


Sharon: "Compromise where you can. And where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right, even if the whole world is telling you to move. It is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye and say, 'No, you move.'"
-Captain America: Civil War


Dez: *in singsong voice* "Who wants toast? Dez wants toast! Who wants toast?! DEZ WANTS TOAST!"
-an episode of Austin and Ally


Just as the train was whirling though Sydenham, Passepartout suddenly uttered a cry of despair.

"What's the matter?" asked Mr. Fogg.

"Alas! In my hurry--I--I forgot--"

"What?"

"To turn off the gas in my room!"

"Very well, young man," returned Mr. Fogg, coolly; "it will burn--at your expense."
-from Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne


"It feels so right
I'm where I belong
'Cause I found my place
I found my place
(Hi-ya!)
What a ride
I knew I was strong
Now I found my place
I found my place."
-from "Found My Place" by Oh, Hush!


Christopher Robin: "Pooh, do you think you might be able to amuse yourself for a while? I have got some rather pressing work to do."
Pooh: *looks out the train window* "House. Clouds. House. Tree. Bush. A man. Dog."
Christopher: "Pooh. What're you doing?"
Pooh: "Oh, I'm playing a game. It's called 'Say What You See.'"
Christopher: "Well, could you 'Say What You See' a little more quietly?"
Pooh: *quietly* "House. Grass. Trees. Pond. I don't know what that is."
Christopher: "Pooh."
Pooh: "Well, that's a man."
Christopher: "Pooh. A little bit more quietly. Please?"
-Christopher Robin


Mera: "Sometimes you have to do what is right, even if your heart aches against it."
-Aquaman


Ghirahim: "Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!"
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

source

Jay: "Uh, Master of Speed? That's not an element."
Garmadon: "So asks the Master of Lightning/"
Cole: "OOOHHH snap, he got you there."
-"The Invitation" episode of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu


Burgerpants: "I can't got to hell, I'm all out of vacation days."
-Undertale


"Ashes from the flames
The truth is what remains
The truth is what you save
From the fire
And you fight for what you love
Don't matter if it hurts
You find out what it's worth
And you let the rest burn."
-from "If The House Burns Down Tonight" by Switchfoot


"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."
-Robin Williams


That'll be all for today! I'm sorry that this one's so short, but I was kinda rushing to finish it in time. Which quote was your favorite? Any you'd add to the list?

4 comments:

  1. There were some great quotes here! But my favorite would probably have to be the one between you and Preston. :'D

    One of my favorite quotes is from our history teacher:

    "We are a stupid and forgetful people."
    -Dr. George Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote posts! And this is a particularly great set! :D A perfect mix of hilarious and inspiring. Seriously, so many of these made me laugh so hard. "Wassup, witchy baby?'" especially got me. XDD As well as: "I can't got to hell, I'm all out of vacation days." LOLOLOL.

    And the Christopher Robin one! <3333 One of the best scenes!

    This was a goldmine of great quotes. Loved 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love these quote compilations! xD :D A lot of great quotes you have chosen! :D

    The Christopher Robin one was funny. I haven't see da movie though. :P :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Around the World in 80 Days quote. Passepartout is very much like me.

    ReplyDelete