Friday, December 04, 2020

Monthly HapPENings: December

GUYS. HOW IS THERE ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT IN THE YEAR???


Sorry, didn't mean to freak out there, BUT SERIOUSLY! I mean, I want 2020 to be over, but it's still crazy that it's almost reached the end.

Obviously, with how things are going these days, my life wasn't too crazy or anything. Besides work, two of my sisters had birthdays, so we celebrated those! Other than that . . . well . . . there wasn't anything else that happened. No surprise there.

Bookish HapPENings

I didn't finish any books in November, but I have been reading some more lately! I've really been getting into my book, so I hope that I'll finish at least a couple of books in December.

HapPENings on the Screen

So at work, with how few people we're supporting right now, our management has allowed us to watch movies in our departments. One of my coworkers happened to have a projector, so we've watched a lot of films, such as Up, Coco, Bambi, Oliver and Company, The Grinch (2018), Alpha and Omega, Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2, and others. A few I'd never seen before, but most of them were just reminders that I loved them and I need to watch them more often. Aside from that . . .


YO! I started watching Bungo Stray Dogs because the trailer looked super interesting, and this show is FIRE. It's probably one of my favorite anime now--though to be fair, I've loved all of the anime I've seen so far. This one's about a group called the Armed Detective Agency, whose members wield supernatural powers that they use to fight crime and save civilians. It's basically a perfect blend of action, drama, and comedy. I love the main character, Atsushi, and his character arc of becoming a hero over the course of S1. Dazai and Kunikida's relationship is one of the greatest and most hilarious parts of the show so far. Plus, Akutagawa is a very cool, intense antagonist who seems to have more to him than meets the eye. I just love it all so much!


Fire Force continues to be heckin' dope as well. As of when I'm writing this, I have two episodes left in S1. Some answers are finally being given, but it seems information is mostly on the enemy's side. One thing the show is really good at is giving us intriguing villains. They've introduced a lot of really neat ones lately, even if they're a bit more minor than some of the others. I'm really curious to see how it's all going to go down, because at this rate, it's not gonna end well.


I'm nearly done watching S3 of Attack on Titan with Preston, and I've just started watching it with Chloe and Kaitlyn. It's just so, so excellent in every way imaginable. I don't think I could really choose a favorite season, but if I was forced to, it might be this one . . .? It's really hard to say. Honestly, if you're sleeping on this show, you really are missing out. I don't regret a single second I've spent watching it.

Gaming HapPENings


Super Mario Odyssey is a game I've been playing a good bit recently, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics are killer, not gonna lie. I'm constantly in awe of how amazing everything looks, from the grand worlds down to the threads and stitching in clothes. I feel like I'm probably over halfway through world-wise (not in terms of actual completion), possibly more. It's definitely been a nice variety, even if there are still some similarities to classic Mario world themes.


I've just started playing Fall Guys, and I think it's safe to say that I'm already addicted. Think of a battle royale game in the style of minigames from the Mario Party series. It can be absolute insanity sometimes, but it's so fun. Even though it's competitive, it doesn't make me frustrated or anything--not yet, at least. I'm just having a blast! I'm not even all that bad at it. Just watch, one day I'll be a professional Fall Guys player! (Probably not, but one can dream.)

Writerly HapPENings

Who woulda thunk? I didn't any writing in November. I really didn't want to participate in NaNo, especially this year. I've occasionally thought about writing about something for Havok, but I haven't thought about it too much. I'm really hoping that 2021 is just better for everything.

So that's that! Was your November any more interesting than mine? Have you been doing things to keep your mental health in a good place? Are you looking forward to Christmas? (I certainly am!)

No comments:

Post a Comment