Monday, January 13, 2020

One More Snowy Tune /// Music Monday #67

It's the first Music Monday post of 2020! Woo-hoo! *throws confetti in the air* (And no, the Awards post didn't count.)


I figured I'd do one more wintery-sounding song before moving on to anything I feel like. So today I chose . . .

"Toy Day" from Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Composed by Manaka Kataoka, Atsuko Asahi, and Kazumi Totaka



Let's be honest here: Animal Crossing music is always a win. It's so gentle, so soothing . . . It'd be great if a playlist of AC music could play for me when I'm having a stressful day. I'm sure it would calm me right down.

This one in particular is for Toy Day, or Christmas Eve, in New Leaf. The track hits all the right notes. It sounds like you're walking outside in a gentle snowfall, enjoying the beautiful weather. But it also fits perfectly with the festive mood of the event as Christmas is almost upon you. I don't know if I had ever noticed the banjo briefly appearing the middle there, or the soft acoustic guitar accompanying the melody but I love those touches. They give me some Stardew Valley vibes.

I unfortunately didn't have the time to participate in Toy Day in my town of Kakariko this last year, due to busyness of life and gatherings and finishing Trials and Tribulations and whatnot. It's gonna be a long time before the next one rolls around, but maybe I can join in then. If you've never played New Leaf, allow me to explain.

Toy Day doesn't just happen on the 24th. No, it requires preparation the days of December leading up to it. You've got to talk to all of your villagers and find out what they're wanting for Christmas. This was always serious business for me, since it can take a while for you to get everybody's requests. I'd make a note on my phone of who wanted what. Not only that, but you've also gotta buy the full Santa suit at the clothing store, and only one article appears a day. Thankfully, once you have it, you never have to buy it again--or you can just order it from the catalogue if need be.

Come Christmas Ever, Jingle the reindeer shows up in town and needs your help delivering presents. Disguised as jolly old St. Nick, you deliver the right gifts to the right people. If you succeed, Jingle will give you a reward. Toy Day has always been one of my favorite events, so I really don't wanna miss out this year. Fingers crossed!

That's my ramble about the song and the event it plays in. What did you think of the music? Do you play New Leaf? Also, you've still got a week left to vote in round 1.1 of the Music Monday 2019 Awards!

1 comment:

  1. "Animal Crossing music is always a win." <---THAT IS THE TRUTH. I listen to Animal Crossing music allll the time when working on things because it's so relaxing and perfect music to focus on projects with. You just can't go wrong with it. And this one is so ridiculously happy! It put a smile on my face. A perfect way to end the winter tunes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete