Monday, May 04, 2020

Thoughtful Serenity /// Music Monday #75

Man, how have we already done 75 of these? It's kinda crazy . . .


Today's song, which is a long one, is . . .

"Tranquility Base" from Starbound
Composed by Curtis Schweitzer


Just a heads-up, this is probably going to be a bit shorter because I'm feeling a little blah. One reason why I chose this particular song, because you can just enjoy the music instead of hearing me nerd out or ramble.

I love the soundtrack for Starbound, which is a game kind of like Terraria and Minecraft, but takes place in space and has more of a story involved. This track in particular has been one of my favorites for a while. There's something very soothing about it. I could easily fall asleep to its gentle sound; in fact, I actually have. But while it's super serene and everything, it also somehow seems . . . thought-provoking.

Maybe it's because life has given lots to think about these days. Sometimes it can get to be too much. Sometimes you can feel overwhelmed by everything pushing at you and weighing you down. It's really difficult to know what to do these days, how to keep moving forward, and how to deal with all the crap that might be going on in your world. In those times, maybe you just need to rest. It's a Biblical thing, you know. God understands the importance of rest, and we should too.

I think that's what I'm pulling from today's song. You can think and contemplate and ponder, which are definitely not bad things. But sometimes you should take a break from those things and simply rest.

Sorry that this post is really short. Enjoy the song, and take some time to rest today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. What a stunning piece! I've never heard of this game before but WOW. That was so relaxing and, yes, very thought-provoking!

    I've actually been finding I need to take a lot more time to rest lately myself. This whole ordeal is just EXHAUSTING me--mentally, creatively, physically, all of it. So I'm trying to remember to be kind to myself and just REST some. Take it easy. Do things that bring my joy. I think that's really important right now. So this song and post was so timely!

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece and wise words with us. I do hope you are able to find rest as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music is just so gorgeous. One of my favorite tracks from the soundtrack, for sure. I'm glad it could be both things for you too!

      Yep, I hear ya. That's definitely me these days. I hope your efforts to rest more are going well. It's interesting how the timing of some things work out so perfectly. Didn't plan it that way, but it still happens.

      You're welcome. I'm trying to, but it's been difficult.

      Delete