Monday, February 24, 2020

It's Been a While . . . /// Music Monday #70

Well, would you look at the time? Guess you're in for another Music Monday post!


I realized something today: in all the years I've been doing this, I've shared only one Audiomachine song. That changes now, with . . .

"Atragon" from the Audiomachine album Magnus
Composed by Danail Getz


I still can't get over the fact that I haven't showcased more than one Audiomachine song in two and a half years. That's just crazy talk! But Magnus is my favorite album of theirs, and Tracey suggested that I pick a track from there. So you can thank her that you're now listening to this.

Everything about the song is excellent. It starts off quietly, atmospherically. Almost like you're floating in space. Then the rest of the instruments kick in, sounding kinda muffled. They proceed to come to the forefront, with a choir joining in. It builds up before seemingly coming to an end. A brief pause then leads to the conclusion.

I don't know why I love this song so much. Is it it because of the circular buildup, winding ever higher and higher? Maybe. Is it because the track somehow manages to sound triumphant, like a heroic finale, while also conveying a deep stirring not unlike heartache? Perhaps. Is it simply because it's epic? That could very well be.

Whatever the case, this song is awesome. I'm definitely using it on a story playlist sometime. Actually, I think I did use it for a playlist that I made for a friend, but I haven't added it to any of mine yet. Honestly, though, the whole Magnus album is like a story waiting to be written. If you have not heard it yet, find an hour to do so. It'll be well worth your time, trust me. Audiomachine makes some excellent music.

So that was my second Audiomachine song on the blog! What'd you think of it? What kind of emotions does it bring up in you when you listen to it?

1 comment:

  1. *LE GASP* I can't believe you've only ever featured one Audiomachine song either. I just love them so much. AND THE MAGNUS ALBUM YESSSS. It's one of my favorites too! I listened to a lot of songs from it when I wrote my NaNoWriMo '18 novel, Kings Bleed Gold. It aided so well to the often, erm, dramatic moments of that story. XD

    This one you shared is SUCH a good one. When It All Falls Down is probably the main one I listen to from this album? The emotion of that one just gives me chills. But UGH, they're all so good!

    ReplyDelete