Monday, July 01, 2019

OBJECTION! /// Music Monday #53

Guess who's back with another fantastic song? Why, it's me, of course! Your ol' pal, Mr. Music Monday Man.

. . .

Josiah works fine too.


So while I was gone on holidays (yes, I was actually away! Did you miss me?), I beat the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game. Since I'm still very much in an Ace Attorney mood, I figured I'd pick one of the most popular songs from the game that became a very important theme in the series.

"Pursuit - Cornered" from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Composed by Sugimori Masakazu



Okay, before you correct me, the person who uploaded the video I shared incorrectly titled it "Investigation - Cornered." It is not I who made the mistake, so I am washing my hands clean of this atrocity against true AA fans.

Ahem . . . anyway. The "Cornered" theme--also known as the "Pursuit" theme, depending on who you're asking--is one of the franchise's greatest and well-known themes. It shows. The video has over 1.1 million views, and, as of right now, it's most recent comment was posted a week ago despite the song being uploaded in 2008.

The first Ace Attorney game released for the Game Boy Advance in 2001, but it was available exclusively in Japan at the time. Fast-forward to 2005, when the DS is out, and an English version is finally released. It was the beginning of what I consider to be a phenomenal video game series. C'mon, you can't go wrong with a legal drama visual novel, right?

So yeah, if you think that the song sounds old or kinda tinny, then let me tell you two things. First off, the DS obviously didn't have the sound quality that we have today. Secondly, IT SOUNDS GREAT SO DON'T COMPLAIN. Heck, they didn't even change it all that much--or maybe at all--for the Steam release this year. It's a stylistic choice, I suppose--AND IT WORKS.

Sorry, I get very defensive (see what I did there?) of this franchise. I won't prattle on any longer; I'll save that for when I review the game at a later date.

What'd you think of the song? Have you played any Ace Attorney games before? If so, which one has been your favorite? If not, you now have something to add to your bucket list.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yisss, you can never go wrong with that classic video game sound. It makes me think of the good 'ol days in the 90s. Hehe. Being as how my brother was playing video games since I was a baby, these are the sounds I grew up with. Gotta love it!

    I've still never played an Ace Attorney game. I need to fix that...

    ReplyDelete