Monday, January 07, 2019

The Music Monday 2018 Awards - Round 1.1

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to your favorite music awards show, where you decide the winner! We did this last year, and due to the extreme popularity, we thought we'd bring it back. You know what it is: the Music Monday Awards, the 2018 edition!


As we did last time, the Awards will be taking place over the next several weeks. 2018's top song will be decided by your votes in three rounds. Each round is open for two weeks at a time, and any vote afterward will not be considered. Due to comments we received last year, we've decided to break up the first round into three separate parts so as not to overwhelm you with voting.

In round numero uno, we vote on the best song for each month. Compare the songs, see which you like the best, and place your vote in a comment down below. But let's not waste any more time and jump straight into the fun! Enjoy!

January

"Snowy Fields" from Kirby's Epic Yarn



versus "Snowball Park" from Super Mario 3D World



versus "Silver Snow Story" from Kirby: Triple Deluxe




February

"The Tale of Tormak" from LEGO Legends of Chima



versus "Atonement" from Journey



March

"Megalovania" from Undertale



versus "To the Bone" by J.T. Music



April

"The Grand Finale" from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story



versus "We Are Number One" remixed by The Living Tombstone



So now the Awards are in your hands. Choose a favorite song for each month and list them in a comment. (And yes, I will be voting as well, in case you're wondering.) Sunday, January 20th, is the last day to vote. Once it is the 21st, you cannot vote for that round anymore.

Also, feel free to spread the word about the Awards on social media and with your friends. The real fun in this comes when we have lots of people voting and affecting the outcome. I'll do my part, but it helps when others chip in too. Thank you in advance for your participation!

I hope you enjoy the first nine songs!

16 comments:

  1. Whoohoo!!! This was definitely a blast last year. Glad you're bringing it back! :D Even though choosing is so hard, ugh! Let's see if I can make up my mind...

    January: "Snowball Park" from Super Mario 3D World

    February: "The Tale of Tormak" from LEGO Legends of Chima

    March: "To the Bone" by J.T. Music

    April: "We Are Number One" remixed by The Living Tombstone

    *collapses* Such hard decisions! But I can't wait to see the results! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it so much. The Awards ended up being surprisingly popular. I think two or three of those posts are still in my list of top-viewed posts, which is kinda crazy. Yes, the voting is always difficult, but that's part of what makes this fun. XD

      I'm kinda surprised by your last two votes! For some reason, I thought you would've picked the other option for those months . . . I suppose I thought wrong. XD I'm curious about them too!

      Delete
  2. All right, time for my votes! I know this is probably going to be pretty difficult . . .

    January: Ah, I love all these songs so much! They're all so bright and cheery and festive . . . but I'm gonna have to go with "Silver Snow Story," partially because of the nostalgic callback to "Peanut Plains" from Kirby Super Star Ultra.

    February: AAAHHH, why'd I make this so hard to choose?! I love both! I'll vote for "Atonement" . . . such a beautiful track. Mere seconds of it play, and my breath is stolen.

    March: This one's a no-brainer. As much as I love J.T. Music, "Megalovania" is what brought me to both Undertale and its soundtrack. It gets my vote, hands-down, for being an incredibly epic song for an insane fight.

    April: Again, this one's pretty easy for me. I do love Robbie Rotten's song from LazyTown, and I think it'd be absolutely fitting if it won the title as Best Song of 2018, considering that the actor who played him died that year. However, "The Grand Finale" brings back so many great memories, and it's one of my absolute favorite final boss songs. So it gets my vote.

    THIS IS SUPER DIFFICULT. I'm not looking forward to making decisions in the upcoming rounds . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my votes!!! Mwhahaha!

    January: "Snowball Park" from Super Mario 3D World
    Febuary: "The Tale of Tormak" from LEGO Legends of Chima
    March: "Megalovania" from Undertale
    April: "The Grand Finale" from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I be concerned that you're laughing evilly? Aside from that, thanks for your votes! You've got some good taste in music, sir. ;P

      Delete
  4. Hullo everyone, I have finally chosen my favourites! :)

    January: "Snowy Fields"
    February: "The Tale of Tormak"
    March: "Megalovania"
    April: "We Are Number One" remix :P

    Thanks for setting up the awards, Joe! I look forward to hearing the rest! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I must say, you've chosen some excellent favorites! Oh wait, all the songs are excellent. XD

      Well, thank YOU for voting! The Awards would be absolutely boring if no one participated. :)

      Delete
  5. Okay! Voting time for me! XD

    January: Silver Snow Story (I love the classic Kirby feel!)

    February: Atonement (This track seems, I don’t know, really thought out to me.)

    March: Megalovania (don't worry, I’m being fair! I listened to both! XDD)

    April: The Grand Finale (um *blinks* what I did I just watch for that other option...? 0.o XDD)

    I can’t wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I absolutely adore the Kirby soundtracks for that reason! There's a certain style about them that I love.

      That's a good way of putting it!

      Well, that's very nice of you, but I think your choice was obvious from the start.

      why don't you tell me what you saw? XD

      Me too!

      Delete
  6. Yay, the awards are here again! :D Here are my votes...

    January: Snowy Fields
    February: Atonement (that was a hard choice, though!)
    March: Megalovania
    April: The Grand Finale

    Looking forward to the next round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! And I could've guessed those last two choices from a mile away. XD Trust me, things are only going to get harder as we go along!

      Delete
  7. Oi, I’m almost too late. AHEM, let’s do this. C:

    January: Snowy Fields (oooo but I love them all. :,c)
    February: Atonement
    March: Megalovania
    April: The Grand Finale

    Can’t wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, better late than never, right? Thank you for voting! I'm looking forward to seeing which songs are the winners as well. :)

      Delete
  8. January Snowball Park
    February Megalovania
    March the tale of Tormak
    April Atonement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I appreciate you voting, that's not quite how it's supposed to work . . . Well, this is what'll do:

      -January stays the same

      -February will be "The Tale of Tormak" because you mentioned it first

      -March will be "Megalovania"

      -April will not get any vote (based on the other votes, it wouldn't make a difference either way)

      Delete