Monday, August 27, 2018

"So Soft, So Soothing" /// Music Monday #31

Wow, we've actually done over 30 of these in the last year? Crazy, man! How am I supposed to keep making the intro interesting without repeating myself?


I said last time that I was most likely going to do "Black" from The LEGO Batman Movie as today's pick. But then I heard this and knew I just had to share it with you.

"Hymn to the Stars" from Starbound
Composed by Curtis Schweitzer




I don't know about you, but if I ever go to space, I want this music playing in the background. It's so relaxing. There's something about it that makes you want to close your eyes and just fall asleep. Which I'm definitely not doing right now . . . u88ihyuuuj0onh

Whoops! I accidentally smacked the keyboard with my forehead. (It actually wasn't accidental; it was totally on purpose. I literally lifted my laptop and gently banged my head against the keyboard. It's supposed to be a joke, but I'm tired, so it's probably not actually funny.)

Ahem. As I was saying, the song has a very calming, serene grandeur to it. It fits the space exploration game quite well. Seriously, imagine you're touring the universe right now. Better yet, pull up some cool pictures of space right now and look at them while listening to this song. It's so perfect, isn't it? Mr. Curtis, sir, I've never listened to any of your stuff before this soundtrack, but you are a genius.

Now, because I'm tired, this post is going to be very short. But while I'm showcasing this song, I might as well mention that I've included it in a playlist I'm slowly creating, which is a compilation of relaxing music. As of when I'm writing this post, it has 33 videos in it and will definitely last you at least an hour and a half or so. If you want the link, I'll include it here.

Thanks for listening! What'd you think of the song? Did you fall asleep too and facedesk? Let me know if you listen to the playlist and what you think of it.

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one, but it IS relaxing. I can totally imagine peacefully drifting through space with this song going. How beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just puts me at ease. One of those soundtracks that you put on when you want to have a nap. If space wasn't so dangerous, I'd love to do that. Or have someone else make a video of that. XD You're most welcome!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this music. I will look for this music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I just heard it now. Not familiar with it but the rhythm is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to share music people may have not heard before. I'd say it's more atmospheric than rhythmic. :)

      Delete
  4. I love music too but never heard of your playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like listening to the music. And every time I hear a music that I really like it makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete