Monday, July 16, 2018

Summer Hype Music /// Music Monday #28

It's summer, which means it's time for fun, upbeat tunes that you can crank while cruising around town. Are you ready for this? You're about to get your socks knocked off! . . . And if you're wearing socks and sandals, then you deserve to have them knocked off. Because that's just bad fashion sense.


"Phoenix" from the album Rise
Composed by MDK


I'd have to say this is one of my favorite MDK songs, Maybe it's because it has a cool orchestral-ish intro that always brings to mind the image of a desert. Maybe it's the hardcore electric guitar and dubstep that follows. Heck, it could even be the build-up! (It's probably all of the above and more.)

A lot of the time, I don't care for electronic or dubstep music, because it can be annoying or repetitive or just really uncreative. MDK is an exception for me. When I listen to his music while I'm driving, I turn it up loud and roll the windows down. To do otherwise almost feels like a crime.

He's got a lot of cool, finger-tapping beats. I wouldn't necessarily recommend all of his songs, due to the fact that some of them have random harsh swear words, such as the f-bomb. You get rest assured that anything I share on my blog will be safe, and if there would for some reason ever be any swear word in any song I feature, I'd let you know. Also, if you want to listen to his music on your own, feel free to ask me about which ones are clean and which aren't.

Changing gears a bit, I need to fill you guys in on something. Whenever I sit down to write one of these, I always think to myself, "Oh, I should pick that song! But there's that one too. I can't forget about that one either." Truth be told, I could probably do a Music Monday post every week and wouldn't run out of ideas. Ever.

So I want you to answer this question: what kind of music do you want to hear more of? Do you want more movie soundtracks? More video game music? More lyrical songs? I'd like to mention that I've always considered the point of these posts to be exposing you to music you may not listen to normally, or know of at all. Feel free to give any suggestions in the comments.

What'd you think of the song? Did it fill you with summer hype? You feel like a phoenix now, ready to take on the world? If not, listen to the music on repeat until you do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a funnn one! This would be a good one to write a high action scene to, like a battle or car chase or...something. It's got a good heart-pumping rhythm to it. I approve!

    As far as what type of music I'd like to see... Goodness, I don't know! You always share some great ones. I tend to listen to more instrumental than lyrical (though I'm certainly not opposed to lyrical!). I'm always, ALWAYS happy to find more movie and video game soundtracks. Epic orchestras like TSFH and AudioMachine are also my faaave!

    But yeah, I'm pretty much up for anything! So helpful I know. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I loved this song. It's actually a little too intense - I meant to have a nice relaxing day, but then I listened to this song and actually got motivated to get things done. So, thanks!

    However, I wasn't the only person who enjoyed this song: I played it for several friends, and they really liked it. I guess that's the ultimate test. :D

    If you really want an honest answer . . . I wouldn't mind a weekly Music Monday. :P Especially if you never run out of ideas. But, I can see how that'd be a little much for you, so I'll have to be content with every other week. And I don't really care what kind of music it is - you always have great choices. Although if you could find another song like "So Far Away," I'd thank you forever. :D

    ReplyDelete