Friday, August 07, 2020

Monthly HapPENings: July

Wait . . . it's July already? How? Why?


Life has been a bit of a mixed bag this past month. There've been great moments, not-so-great moments, and a whole lot of meh. At work, we've been required to wear masks for our entire shift, which has been horrible for my jaw. I try to generally be positive on here, but honestly, every day with this pain seems to push me a little more to the breaking point. So I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to avoid that.

Other than that . . . there really hasn't been much. My sisters and I had a lovely evening a couple of weeks ago, where we went out for a bit of shopping, supper, a walk in the park (which wasn't a complete walk in the park thanks to the mosquitoes), and got froyo. My family went to the beach for a few hours, which was all right (I'm not the biggest beach fan). I've also had online hangouts with Preston and Megan, which are always some of the greatest highlights of the week. But I really can't recall what else I did. Can't have been too interesting.

Bookish HapPENings

Aaand we're back to what is apparently the norm: finishing no books. Maybe I'll be able to finish one or two in August--but no promises. I did, however, finally receive my copies of the Havok Season 2 anthology, so that was great. Feels like it hasn't fully set in that I'm a published author now, and I don't know when it will.

HapPENings on the Screen

I'm watching so many shows these days, I think I need to be a little more choosy about which ones I talk about. I might have to make some of the blurbs a bit shorter too. Anyway, let's get to it!


AGH. AVATAR IS SO FREAKING GOOD. I could honestly leave it there and that would cover all of my thoughts, but f'real. In actuality, I can't talk much about where I'm at because there'd be a lot of major spoilers. I just know the conclusion to this show is gonna be epic, and you can't convince me otherwise. Do yourself a favor and watch this if you haven't yet. You won't regret it.


I have now finished S2 of MHA (yes, I technically finished it on August 4th, but it's close enough), and WOW. What a finish that was! My predictions so far for the show have tended to be wrong, but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Just means it's keeping me on my toes! I'm looking forward to seeing how the Two Heroes movie picks things up . . .


OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOSH. I AM OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP WITH ATTACK ON TITAN. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF UNTIL S4 DROPS?!

Ahem. S3 was absolutely phenomenal and mind-blowing--not that the other seasons haven't been, but . . . you know what I mean! I have theories about what's gonna go down in the final season, and trust me when I say none of them are good. I can hardly contain myself, though! I really need to progress in the show with someone else so that I can spill all my thoughts and ideas.
Tower of God is one of those shows that I highly suspected I'd enjoy, and yet I'm still surprised by just how much I'm enjoying it. The visuals and the animation style feel very different from the other anime I'm currently watching. Considering how long the Webtoon is, I don't expect to get any sort of resolution of any kind from the ending of S1. Guess I'll have to see what happens!
One of my friends recommended Ergo Proxy to me, and it's been very interesting so far. I found it confusing at first, but it's slowly making more sense. I still have many unanswered questions, though at least in this case I know I'm guaranteed to get some sort of proper ending, seeing as the show is only one season long. I just hope the main characters, Re-l and Vincent, will be able to catch a break at some point.

Gaming HapPENings
I'll go through seasons where I basically play just one game that I'm really into. That game this time around is Dream Team, which has captured my attention like it never has before. Everything about it screams fun. The visuals, the concepts, the battles, the music, the plot--it all blends together in this perfect mix. If it keeps it up, it could be an equally favorite Mario & Luigi game to Bowser's Inside Story. And let me tell you, that game was pretty legendary. So I'm quite excited to see how not only the plot goes down, but also what the remaining gameplay has to offer.

Writerly HapPENings

I wrote absolutely nothing, which I expected. I haven't been in the right headspace or been feeling creatively energized enough for it lately. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to it at some point and feel good about doing so.

Sorry if isn't a great post, but like I said, haven't been really feeling like writing for a while now. (I also apologize if there's any weird formatting. Blogger was giving me issues.) How was your July? Do anything fun and exciting?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, okay - I WATCHED ATTACK ON TITAN. I'm halfway through season 1 right now, and OH MY WORD IT IS SO GOOD. Thank you SO MUCH for recommending it!!!!! And congratulations on getting all caught-up with it!!! :D

    And I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on the ending of Avatar. You're right, it is epic. And that's all I will say about it. ;)

    I hope you have a good August! I'm sorry to hear about the mask situation, but hopefully things begin lightening more in the coming weeks. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so excited every time I see you talking about Avatar. I'm so anxious for you to get to the end! I actually just recently started rewatching it because I haven't watched it all the way through in...gracious, sooo many years. Man, it is FANTASTIC revisiting it. It's just such a good shoooow! Feel free to come flail about it to me any time! :D

    I'm so sorry the work situation has gotten even more stressful having to deal with masks. Oh man, that sounds terrible. I hope your August proves to be a much better month!

    ReplyDelete