Monday, July 27, 2020

Another One Nearly Missed /// Music Monday #81

Welp, I almost forgot to post this today, so I'mma gonna quickly put it up for you now.


Our song for today is . . .

"Always Running" from Meta Runner: Season 1
Composed by AJ DiSpirito


I honestly should start making a list of songs that I wanna showcase on my blog. I totally had the perfect lyrical song for today . . . but then I forgot it. So I just decided to go with this one instead!

Meta Runner is a web series created by the YouTube channel SMG4, which consists of two brothers and their team. They've formed a production company known as Glitch Productions, which is what they used to make the show. It's like a 3D anime of sorts, about a girl named Tari who has a special ability that allows to travel into video games. I know next to nothing about S1's plot, because I've only seen two of the episodes so far. But I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far!

The craziest part is that not only were they funded by Screen Australia (part of the Australian government), Epic Games, and AMD, but they also partnered up with Crunchyroll to develop the show. To me, I find that absolutely insane! I don't know how they were able to get all that funding and help, but I'm so glad they were able to, because they deserve it.

As for the song itself . . . I mean, it fits the bill of being an anime opening. It's really catchy with great visuals, and it spoils stuff about the show without actually spoiling anything--thus, definitely could be called an anime song. MattxAJ's vocals are perfect for the song, I think. I honestly should look into more of what he does, because I think I'd enjoy his other stuff.

I dunno what else to say. Just watch the video and get your full enjoyment out of it!

What're your thoughts on the song? Have you seen or heard of the show? Would you watch it based on what you saw in the video?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely catchy! :D That was a ton of fun! I've never heard of this series before, but wow, sounds like they have an awesome thing going! The video definitely caught my interest. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime. ^_^

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete