Monday, April 29, 2019

A Week Late! /// Music Monday #48

Gulp . . . I think I might be a little late.

Like, by a week.


Sorry about that, folks! When I didn't post on the last two Fridays, it threw me off my schedule. But I'm back with another great song!

"Iron Man 3" from Iron Man 3
Composed by Brian Tyler


I decided to do a Marvel track in honor of Avengers: Endgame coming out this last weekend. The Iron Man 3 soundtrack means a few things to me. It's special because first, it's my seventh soundtrack that I've ever bought; second, it's the first soundtrack I bought off of iTunes (I even remember the day I bought it); and third, it's my first Marvel soundtrack.

People give a lot of flack to Brian Tyler because they say his music is too boring or unimaginative or lackluster or whatever. And while one or two of his soundtracks have been that way for me--looking at you, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles--I've thoroughly enjoyed his three Marvel scores. Besides this one, he also did Thor: The Dark World by himself and Avengers: Age of Ultron with Danny Elfman. If you haven't listened to them, you should. They're great albums.

Something I like about the Iron Man 3 soundtrack is that it's a great mix of bombastic action accompanied by quiet atmosphere. When you get the intense track,s they're big and bold, with that nice touch of clashing metal strewn throughout. Then you'll get ones that are a little calmer. Sometimes they're emotional, and sometimes they sound like they're meant for covert operations. It's just great variety all around. (Also, I love the creepy strings in the Mandarin's theme!)

I have actually not seen this movie yet and don't know much about it, so I really can't say anything on what the music is like within the film. All I can say is that Brian Tyler created a score that fit perfectly with the struggle Tony goes through after the events of The Avengers. I think this is where we see some real growth and change within the iron-clad hero, and the songs convey that feeling with vim and vigor--especially this one. Well done, Mr. Tyler, well done.

What did you think of today's music? Have you listened to the soundtrack or watched the movie? What're your opinions on both? Do you like or dislike Brian Tyler's scores? Also, I'll be posting again next week just to stay on schedule!

7 comments:

  1. I love soundtracks! And Marvel does that well.

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Though that's probably very obvious at this point. :P Yeah, they've got some really great music.

      Delete
  2. Really cool! I've recently started listening to movie scores while writing. I should probably credit you for that, because the first movie scores I ever listened to were ones you posted here on music Mondays. You have great taste in music, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the whole Iron Man 3 soundtrack is great. Oh, really? I'm honored! It's so cool to know that my passion for soundtracks has caused others to listen to them as well. Thank you kindly, good sir! And thanks for stopping by to leave this nice comment. :)

      Delete
    2. *ma'am, not sir

      I didn't see your profile picture until after I posted this comment. My apologies!

      Delete
  3. No worries on being late! I know you've been busy and needed a blogging break.

    I ALWAYS enjoy the Marvel music! I don't really remember the music from Iron Man 3 though because it's been sooo long since I've seen it. I definitely need to rewatch! I've forgotten a lot from that movie. o.o I do remember enjoying it though, so you should absolutely give it a watch one day.

    ANYWAYS. This track was great! It really showcases the heroism Tony has found within himself. It's a beautiful thing. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd hoped to still do my Music Monday posts on my little hiatus, but it appears even those slipped my mind. XP

      You should listen to the soundtrack again. It's got some really great tracks. Yes, I do indeed need to watch the entire Iron Man trilogy. I hardly remember anything from the first one. XD

      Wonderfully said! ^_^

      Delete