Monday, February 11, 2019

To Dragon Roost Island! /// Music Monday #43

News flash (unless you read the title)! Today is another Music Monday.


Second news flash (but you'll also know this one if you read the title)! Our song for today is . . .

"Dragon Roost Island" from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Composed by Kenta Nagata


I honestly had no idea what to pick for a song today, so I just chose something totally random. I hope that's okay! It's weird how I can think of tons of songs that I wanna share beforehand, but then I'll sit down at my computer, and my mind totally blanks out. Strange, right?

Anyway, not only is The Wind Waker HD one of my all-time favorite Zelda games--let's be honest, the Toon Link trilogy is absolutely fantastic--but Dragon Roost Island is one of my favorite locales. A large reason for that is because of the music.

It's got a lively upbeat tune, with that guitar (or is that a ukulele?) and the castanets giving a fun, tropical vibe to it. The flute itself carries most of the tune, but it's a wonderful trio of instruments that really sets the mood for the island. Seeing as this is one of the first major places Link visits in his quest, it makes why it's not necessarily ominous or foreboding . . . yet. The dungeon makes up for that.

The island itself was also fun. Home to the Rito, the bird-like race of this flooded world, it serves as a mail center, since the Rito are the only mail couriers. Medli and Prince Komali are probably some of my favorite characters in the game. What I didn't remember, and rediscovered during a bit of research I did for this post, was that apparently, Dragon Roost Island used to be Zora's Domain. When the Great Flood occurred, the Zoras evolved and adapted, thus becoming the Rito. Was this common knowledge? The more you know . . .

I'm not sure what else to say. Sorry that this whole post is a bit random. Have you played Wind Waker? If so, what're some of your favorite islands/characters/songs?

4 comments:

  1. I internally danced when I saw this song would be featured today. This is one of my most FAVORITE Zelda songs!!! (Which is saying something.) Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zeldas games too AND Dragon Roost is definitely one of my favorite locations in the game. It was so much fun, and I adored Medli. ^_^

    But...Dragon Roost used to be Zora's Domain??? o.o I was NOT aware of this either. Whaaaat? WELL THEN. That's quite a revelation. Wow.

    It's funny you chose a Zelda song today because I've been listening to the Breath of the Wild soundtrack ALL WEEK. It may be my favorite Zelda soundtrack. I DON'T KNOW. I love them all! BUT, I do know that the song played in Rito Village IS my favorite Zelda song of all time. When I first played the game and went to Rito Village and the music started I was like WAIT. THAT IS DRAGOON ROOST ISLAND MUSIC. I freaked. XD Because it's like the Dragon Roost Island song, but with such a softer, more relaxing tone and AWK. It fills my soul. I could listen to it on repeat forever. Everything about the Rito is amazing. They're home is my favorite location in Breath of the Wild too.

    ANYWAYS. That was my nerdy babble for the day. I figured you'd understand though. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a moment, I read that as "I literally danced." Then I realized you said "internally" . . . I am now disappointed. :P (Oh yes, I believe that.) Did you play the GameCube version or the HD version on the Wii U?

      I know, right? This info was kind of out of left field for me. XD

      Believe it or not, I was actually considering doing a BotW song today, but I couldn't decide on one. Okay, thank you SO MUCH for pointing this out to me, because I had somehow NEVER noticed it before. I decided to listen to it again after reading your comment, and the Dragon Roost Island theme was really noticeable this time. THAT'S SO COOL! :D

      I love nerdy babbles, so it's all good! XD

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun song! I love the islandy feel (that's totally a word, hush) and the use of the instruments. It's the perfect song for the mid-February blues, isn't it?

    Oh yeah, and... I still haven't played any Zelda games. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRIANNA?! I never thought I'd see you on my blog again. How're you doing? You back for good, or just stopping by?

      I know, right? Normally that wouldn't be considered a word, but we'll make an exception for you. ;P Agreed!

      *melodramatic gasp* Why ever not?! XD

      Delete