Monday, November 19, 2018

Inspiration for NaNo /// Music Monday #37

So I almost forgot about this, but thankfully I didn't. I will make the post a bit snappy, though, since I need to get back to writing.


Today we'll be listening to . . .

"Saviors of the World" from the album Unleashed
Composed by Skillet


Something that inspires me a lot when writing is listening to songs that inspire scenes, or even entire stories. One of these happens to be this one, as it is a theme for my revamped Portal Chronicles trilogy. And while it's specifically for book 3, it's pumped me up so much for writing the first installment, called Shattered. Seriously, cranking the song on my home from work gets me so excited about what this series has become.

Also, a lot of the lyrics really fit the overarching tone of both the third book and the series as a whole. If the villains succeed, they will bring apocalypse to both worlds. In the end, Mark, David, and Warren are the ones who must rise up as saviors, even though the task at hand is very overwhelming.

I won't talk more, as you need to focus on the song and I need to keep on writing. If you're curious about my NaNo project, not to fret! I'll be sharing more on it in December, once the event is over.

Sorry for the SUPER short post! (I'm not really doing the music justice.) What'd you think of the song? Does it get you fired up like it does me? Does it make you curious about the series I'm working on?

1 comment:

  1. Aaahhhh, Skillet! Yesss! Their music is so powerful, and totally inspirational for stories. Their songs often get me fired up to write too! I love how this one ties so well into the theme of your NaNo book! It's such a good one!

    ReplyDelete