Monday, October 22, 2018

Spooky Nostalgia /// Music Monday #35

It's time for another spooky song, seeing as Halloween is next week. Are you ready for it?


Today's music is . . .

"Halloween Party 2012 Main Room Theme" from Club Penguin
Composed by ???


Okay, this is more nostalgic than it is genuinely creepy. (In fact, it's not really all that creepy.) It was originally from Club Penguin, used in every Halloween party that I can remember. After Disney decided to shut down the original flash game, which I think was a poor decision, a team of people recreated the game, now calling it Club Penguin Rewritten.

I imagine that at least a few of you reading this have played CP, but if you haven't, it was a free-to-play MMO where you created your own penguin to play games, participate in fun parties, and hang out with others. Before we had more computers in our house than just the family one, my sisters and I would go to the library and rent computers for an hour to play CP together. We'd often come up with these fun little stories, complete with changing our penguins' clothes to look the part. It was always a fun time.

I'm actually quite sad that Disney decided to move to the pay-to-play camp with Club Penguin Island, their project that replaced CP. You have to really have a great game to convince people to pay for memberships, and CPI just wasn't that game. That's probably why they're shutting it down too, a disappointing end to an amazing franchise.

But anyway, you didn't come to hear me rant about CP. But if you've never played the game, this music probably won't be terribly interesting to you. That's not at all saying it's bad outside of the context of the game, but having that experience with the music in the actual game . . . I dunno. It adds to the experience of it, I suppose.

Either way, I hope you enjoyed this little song! Did you ever play Club Penguin? Have you tried the recreated version? What'd you think of the music?

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun little piece! Sadly, I never jumped into the CP bandwagon. I guess I was too old. XD I remember ALL the kids playing it and my little sister did a bit, but I never gave it a shot. It is sad Disney made some poor decisions that's killing the franchise though. :(

    But ANYWAYS. I did like the song! It harks back to some good ol' video game music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! That's why I chose it. :) Allow me to correct you on something: you are NEVER too old to play Club Penguin. XD I'm completely serious when I say that it's one of the best MMOs I've ever played. (LEGO Universe was the best.) It is kinda hard to watch them do that. I hope they shape up and continue with the franchise. :(

      I'm happy that you did! And I would definitely concur with that statement. :)

      Delete