Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Music Monday #33 . . . But on a Wednesday!

Erm . . . this is awkward. I may or may not have totally forgotten to do one of these earlier this week. Better late than never, am I right?


I've got another great song in store for you guys today. (When do I not?)

"Main Theme" from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Composed by Tomohito Nishiura


I recently started playing this game, having never before tried one in either of the titular characters' series, and MY. BRICKING. GOSH. It's an absolute joy to play. I've read that it's a bad intro to both the Professor Layton and the Ace Attorney series, and that it's not a very spectacular game. But I'm totally digging it so far.

The plot involves creepy witches (who look like monsters that have those shiver-inducing layered voices), being trapped within the fantasy world of a book, said book chronicling the past, present, and future of this place called Labyrinthia, puzzle-solving, trials . . . Just so much awesome stuff! I'll definitely need to do a full review when I'm finished.

So I think it's fair to say that this music definitely captures the spirit of the game. There's some quiet, intricate moments, but it's more of a grand adventure where danger is imminent and evil is aloof. I believe this song is also played by a live orchestra rather than electronically made like the rest of the soundtrack (which is also amazing, by the way!).

I've listened to this song so often in the past few weeks. Level-5 and Capcom totally nailed the musical style, which fits the game's narrative wonderfully. It's also just a really epic and catchy track, which is always a plus. Go do yourself a favor and listen to more music from this game. Or go play the game. Or do both.

What'd you think of the game's main theme? Have you played this particular title, or any of the Professor Layton and/or Ace Attorney games, for that matter? Did you notice that I was late? Terribly sorry about that.

4 comments:

  1. I've never played the Ace Attorney games, but I've played and beaten the first Professor Layton game, and played through about half of the second one (I shamefully never finished). But I LOOOOVED the first Professor Layton!!! It's got such a cozy, whimsical, fun feel to it. I HIGHLY recommend it. And the music is the BEST. I adored the entire setting and just overall FEEL of it. GAH. Now you're making me want to play it again and play through all the others!

    But ANYWAYS. THIS SONG. :O I've never heard it but I LOVE it. Now you're making me want to go look up more music from these games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played neither in both series, only the crossover. I did buy the original Ace Attorney trilogy digitally, and I'd still like to get some Layton titles, especially the newest. How could you just leave it unfinished? Go take care of that right now! :P I'll definitely have to check it out! Well, you know me: always finding ways for people to fill up their time. Sort of. Not really. XD

      Isn't it just amazing? Yes, do that! You won't regret it.

      Delete
  2. I don't play video games at all (except piano tiles on occasion because I love the music. I know that doesn't count, though, haha).

    But I love this music you always share! Soooooooo pretty and being added to my lovely music folder on YouTube.

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that video games aren't everyone's cup of tea. (Yeah, I don't really consider people who just play mobile games as gamers. Please don't be offended. XD)

      Well, I try to showcase some of the best stuff I find! Cool! My mission is accomplished. :)

      Delete