Monday, February 15, 2021

The Music Monday 2020 Awards - Round 2

Ah, the time has finally come! Round 1 is now officially over, which means the decisions are about to get a lot more difficult. That's right, it's time for round 2!


But before we can properly move on, we need to examine the results of the last four matchups! We had a total of 11 voters, though one person chose not to vote for September while another person didn't submit a vote for November. That's why the numbers will be slightly different. But enough chitchat, let's hear how things went down!

September: A rare occurrence in the Awards, both "The Simulation" and "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" received 5 votes each. You know what that means: time to bring out the random decision maker and see which one gets best 2 out of 3. All right, don't hold your breath . . . because you're gonna need it when the "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" coming blowing through!

October: 2 brave souls decided to traverse the depths of the underworld as a "Hellwalker." But 9 people chose to stay back and talk about them "In Hushed Whispers." Quite the victory for the song, but who can blame them? Quiet, eerie strings are just *chef's kiss.*

November: 1 person moved into the "Shifty Boo Mansion" as their new home--I wonder how that's working out for them? 3 people preferred to watch "Aveline's Escape" from said mansion, which must've been quite intense. In the end, 6 people said "Goodbye," because they liked haunting lyrics more than they did haunted homes or the hunted fleeing.

December: "Snowy" would be more aptly titled if it were called "Melty in the Face of Overwhelming victory." While 1 person cast their vote for it, the other 10 were unanimous in their love for "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai"--which makes sense because the song is certainly a thing of beauty in a cruel world.

Now comes the hard part. Round 2 has you voting for the best song of three months. Are you ready? Will you be able to make a choice in the end? Time will tell, so let's not waste any of it!

January, February, and March

"Echoes" from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia


versus "Cherish" by EXO-CBX


versus "You Say Run" from My Hero Academia


April, May, and June

"Attack on Titan" from Attack on Titan


versus "Main Theme" from Ori and the Will of the Wisps


versus "Trials" by Starset


July, August, and September

"Magic" by Gabriel Brown


versus "Starshine Beach Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy 2


versus "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" from A Hat in Time


October, November, and December

"In Hushed Whispers" from Dragon Age: Inquisition


versus "Goodbye" by Taemin


versus "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai" by Yoko Hikasa


Now it's time for you to act. The matchups are tough, but I know your will and determination are tougher! Don't forget, you have two weeks to vote, which means Sunday the 28th will be the last day that any submissions are accepted.

Try not to have an existential crisis!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! All but one of my choices from last time won--huzzah! I think I must have strange musical choices, because a lot of the time my choices aren't the winners. XD That's totally okay though. I mean, ALL the songs are great!

    OKAY. *cracks knuckles* Let's see if I can do this!

    1. ECHOES - An actually easy one yay! I love the quiet and heartfelt tone of this one. In fact, I added it to one of my story's playlists. It's just the type of piece that is both emotional and stirring, one that feels like the calm before a battle. I love it to pieces!

    2. MAIN THEME - Is anyone surprised? No? No. I mean OF COURSE the Ori song deserves a vote. Although, I really, really liked Trials too. Why must some of my favorite songs be in the same voting round???

    3. MAGIC - Whew boy, this was clooose between Magic and Starshine Beach. But ultimately I feel like the fun and, well, magical (har har) tone of Magic deserves the win!

    4. IN HUSHED WHISPERS - Oh gracious, why must three of my favorites have to be part of the same grouping GAH??? This was HARD. I finally went with In Hushed Whispers because it's more the type of music I would normally listen to but good grief. This was tough! I kind of like them all three equally. So I will be totally happy with any of them moving on to the next round!

    Well, the first one was easy for me, but after that I STRUGGLED. It's your fault for sharing such good songs. :P

    I honestly cannot wait to see which one wins overall! SO MANY GOOD ONES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, that's pretty impressive! Haha, I feel the same way, honestly. Guess there are some songs that liked more by the general populace than others are. XD True enough!

      I think you described "Echoes" perfectly. It's a pretty amazing song for being as short as it is.

      Nah, not surprised in the slightest. You're predictable that way. ;P Don't you just hate it when that happens???

      Oh, aren't you clever with the jokes? XD Fair enough, though. Your reasoning is sound.

      Yeppp, that last matchup is definitely a super tough one. I get that. Sometimes you gotta stick with what you know and like.

      Haha, you're welcome. I will take full responsibility for that. XD

      Right??? The final round is gonna be so intense! O_O

      Delete
  2. 1) Echoes
    2) Main Theme
    3) Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts (as a side note, is that a band of birds? How is a bird playing the trumpet, when birds have no lips?!)
    4) In Hushed Whispers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey, Blue! Long time, no see. Glad that you could stop by and vote. ^_^

      You definitely picked some good ones--and yes, you are correct, that is indeed a band of birds. Perhaps they have flexible beaks? Who knows. Anything is possible in a video game. XD

      Delete
  3. 1) You Say Run (I love that theme way too much XD)
    2) Attack on Titan
    3) Sand 'n Sails Heatgusts
    4) Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai (I think I really like the AoT soundtracks ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo, "You Say Run" is so motivational and heroic, though! I love it a lot too. :D

      Real talk, Attack on Titan has a lot of killer music, and anyone who disagrees has bad taste. ;P But yeah, I'm totally with you on that.

      Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  4. January, February, and March: "Cherish" by EXO-CBX

    April, May, and June: "Attack on Titan" from Attack on Titan

    July, August, and September: "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" from A Hat in Time

    October, November, and December: "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai" by Yoko Hikasa

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting, man! Your taste is impeccable, as always. And I appreciate the support for Attack on Titan's music. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Welp, I'm super late, and it's also super late, but I wanted to get this done quickly, so here I go!

    January, February, and March: As much as I love the first two songs, gonna show my love for anime by voting for "You Say Run." Such an intense and awe-inspiring theme, especially when you know where it plays in the show. It'd be a crime for me to not choose it, honestly. Speaking of which . . .

    April, May, and June: There was never a competition here. "Attack on Titan" gets my vote, hands-down, easy-peasy. The show has what I would consider my favorite OST of all time, so there was no way I was voting any differently. Everything from the vocals to the instrumentation choices to the theme's significance and how it's used in the show is perfect.

    July, August, and September: Whenever "Sand 'N Sails Heatgusts" comes on--or whenever I choose to play it--I can't help but start grooving or snapping my fingers. It's just such a bop! I enjoy the other two songs, but there's something really special to me about this particular one.

    October, November, and December: Again, there was no competition here. "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai" still remains my favorite ending theme for Attack on Titan. It's so beautiful and emotional, and never fails to stir something inside of me. I'd love to see this song make it to the final round--which is going to be insanely difficult, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan/Feb/Mar: Cherish! <3
    Apr/May/Jun: Attack on Titan (But I'm so torn, because TRIALS IS SO GOOD)
    Jul/Aug/Sep: Magic
    Oct/Nov/Dec: Goodbye (barely a question there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why I only realized now that I hadn't responded to this . . . but thanks for voting anyway! You obviously know the results at this point, so whoops. XD

      Delete