Monday, August 26, 2019

The Bliss that is Animal Crossing Music /// Music Monday #57

Has it really been two weeks since the last Music Monday? That was a rhetorical question, because yes, it has been.


Today I've got a fun little tune for ya! It is . . .

"Fireworks" from Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Composed by Manaka Kataoka, Atsuko Asahi, and Kazumi Totaka



The reason why I'm picking this song in particular is because I heard it in-game yesterday. I was tired after a long day (had church in the morning and only had about an hour at home before I was at a wedding for five hours or so), and I wanted to play some video games. I decided to spend some time with Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'd been meaning to for a while and just hadn't gotten around to it.

Anyway, yesterday evening was the fireworks festival in my town. As I was running around doing the regular things one does in Animal Crossing games--you'll know what I mean if you've played any--fireworks were going off with this music playing. It's so cheery, yet so relaxing at the same time. I don't know how the composers pulled it off, but they did. Actually, now that I think about it, a lot of AC music is like that.

Now, playing my 2DS XL with my headphones on is one of the best ways for me to relax. I get immersed in the game's world and sucked into the story, or the adventure, or whatever. New Leaf is special in that it's different from most games I play. It's basically a "life simulator," if you will, but the atmosphere is just so calming and fun. There are times when I go for a while without playing, but i always return.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some of the relaxation I felt. Hope you enjoyed it! Also, the future of sharing Nintendo music here is a little uncertain right now. They've been starting to block their soundtracks on YouTube, on the grounds of copyright infringement. Not sure how far they're gonna go with it, but I guess we'll see.

And that's it! What'd you think of the song? Does it soothe you like it does me? Have you played any Animal Crossing games? Which one's your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Awwww yis. Animal Crossing. One of my faves! Though I haven't played New Leaf. But yes on the music! My whole family adores Animal Crossing music. I love listening to it while working on things (like blog posts and such) because it's such great focusing music.

    I was actually going to link to one I love to listen to that's an hour long with rain in the background. It's so relaxing but...Nintendo pulled it down, yep. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is too adorable ;D

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete