Monday, November 04, 2019

One Final Spook /// Music Monday #62

Are you ready for one final spook for the season? 'Cuz lemme tell ya, having only two Music Mondays in October is not nearly enough for all the creepy songs. As I did last year, I'll borrow one of November's slots for another Halloween-ish track.


Our song for today is a lyrical one, called . . .

"We Want Out"
Composed by DAGames


Believe it or not, there are YouTuber singers/musicians who are actually really good at what they do. While I don't personally care for all of DAGames's stuff--partially because I'm not that much into metal--I do recognize that he has a lot of talent. And in this song, he pulls together other skilled artists, JTMusic, Dan Bull, BSlick, and InuTrash, to create a pretty darn awesome song.

Now, you may have heard about the popular Five Night's at Freddy's franchise, an indie horror series developed by one Scott Cawthon. The games have taken the internet by storm, inciting loads of reactions from fans. Some have gone on to create their own fan games, in which there are actually well-done and creative titles among mere copycats that try to ride on the fame. People have done loads of fanart, while others make songs based on the games. "We Want Out" is based off of the first FNaF installment.

This song somehow manages to be a bop while still having some unsettling music. The drills you hear in the background really do a lot to keep that mechanical atmosphere of the animatronics. The choir adds a lot to the main chorus, which, by the way, is super fun to sing along with. BSlick's voice is a nice contrast from the rougher tones of DAGames, JTMusic, and Dan Bull, and InuTrash's vocals are a great touch on the bridge . . . or whatever you would call the part of the song that she sings in.

Anyway, because this is a "proper" song with a lyric video for you to watch, I'll stop talking now. Don't want you to distract you from the music!

What'd you think of the song? Would you agree that these musicians are talented, or would you argue that they aren't? Have you heard of FNaF before, and if so, what're your thoughts on the franchise?

3 comments:

  1. This was a fun one! Very different from what I usually listen to, but super cool! I definitely agree a LOT of talent was put into this. I love all the different vocals, and how it was somehow upbeat and spooky at the same time. That's a great combo!

    I've obviously heard of Five Nights at Freddy's but I've never played it or given it much thought. Although I HAVE always kinda wanted to give it a try out of pure curiosity since it's so popular. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!I really loved reading your post! Hope you'll write more! I had so much reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. Great stuff. I am Following now!

    ReplyDelete