Monday, September 09, 2019

Beautiful Tragedy /// Music Monday #58

Well, here we go! Time for another song to kick off the week.


Our song for today is none other than . . .

"Faded (Restrung)" from the album Faded - EP
Composed by Alan Walker


I first heard this song at a sporting goods store, of all places. You would've thought that they would play the original, since that's got more of an upbeat, electronic style, but nope. They played this version. To be honest, I actually prefer this one. It's probably because I heard it first and/or because the music is more orchestral.

What do I like about this song? Well, first of all, the singer--Iselin Solheim--has such a magical voice. I don't know how one would describe the quality of her voice, but it's kind of airy, if that makes sense. I'm not sure what the right word for it is, but what I do know that she really captures the tone of the song.

Second of all, I sometimes like listening to sad songs, and this one just hits me right in the feels. The combination of her voice with Alan's piano playing and the lush strings, along with the lyrics themselves, make for an emotional-sounding song. For some reason, I really like the line in the main chorus where she says, "The monsters running wild inside of me/I'm faded." I dunno why; it resounds me with me somehow.

The third reason I enjoy the song is because it fits stuff for book one--or perhaps all--of the Titan Saga (the follow-up trilogy to the Portal Chronicles). I really can't say anything more than that, because then I would be venturing into heavy spoiler territory. You can rest knowing that it's going to be very, very feelsy.

I think I'll end the post here, since you're getting two of them in a row. I know, that never happens, but this week is special. Hope that's okay with you!

What'd you think of the song? What aspect of it is your favorite and why? Does it work for anything you've written, or anything you've been through in life?

1 comment:

  1. Okay but this is GORGEOUS. o.o I've never heard of them before but woooow! Now I need to look up more! I 100% agree that the singer has a very airy, magical voice. The second she started singing I was just like, "WOW. That is beautiful!" Also, the piano and violin is my FAVORITE instrumental combination, so I was all over this.

    You're always introducing us to such great music! Absolutely loved this!

    ReplyDelete